I’m grossed out by the kind of stuff tumblr does to its users over an extended period of time
Grammar and punctuation is completely lost on some people, to the point where their posts are unreadable and irritating
And tumblr fosters and feeds this incredible narcissism and need to impress people- people who don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.
my harry potter OC is called deadlift powercrunch, the most muscular wizard of all time
The food you eat or brush you’re using may have been made by a worker earning less than a dollar an hour — not in the developing world, but in the invisible workforce inside America’s prisons. Share this if you oppose prison labor for profit.
When I was in prison I worked 3 shifts a day, 5 days a week, starting at 5 AM and ending at 8 PM. I was paid $5.25 a month. Pay for the inmates who facilitate UNICOR workers (by making their food, washing their laundry, etc,) is even lower than the wages cited in the above graphics. The prison industry is also a slave industry, and it isn’t just corporations who benefit. All the furniture you see in federal buildings, post offices, DMVs, etc, where do you think it comes from? Prison labor. I think a lot of people know about states that use prison labor for license plates, but fewer people know that the plaques on doors at city halls, and sometimes the doors themselves, come from prison labor. The incarcerated are a hyper-exploited class unto themselves, and almost no one seems to be helping them to organize.
My SO was talking about this just now. They say there ain’t no jobs here but there’s always jobs in prison. He was working everyday to make $11 a month. They know what they’re doing.
they’re arresting people for trying to get home after being teargassed and targeted by flash grenades but the man who literally murdered an unarmed teenager was allowed to LEAVE THE STATE before his name was released to the public.
HE LEFT THE STATE??????? IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE????????
IVE BEEN FUCKING WAITING FOR THIS FOR 13 BILLION YEARS
THIS IS IMPORTANT.
wow.. the fucking story line. speechless.
It’s such an important time for this film to come out.
It’s so easy for the film idustry to show people we fought against in the past as real people. But it’s something new to put a face a name and a story to the people that so many of us see as the enemy.
Please watch the trailer. This’ll stir up a lot of shit with the american public but I have a good feeling about this movie.
Every time I think I’m done with the sprouse bros they pull me back in
One is never done with the Sprouse boys
Gaza August 19,2014.
"Extended cease-fire ends. Airstrikes resume. More than 30 Palestinians injured and 2 killed in Gaza."
Israel’s Operation Protective Edge
- 2,019 Palestinians killed [80% civilians] , including 542 children and 251 women from Israeli bombardment
- 64 Israeli Soldiers killed in combat and 3 civilians
- 10,223 Palestinians wounded, including 3,486 children and 1,970 women
- UNRWA has exhausted its capacity to absorb displaced persons, and overcrowding in shelters risks the outbreak of epidemics.
- 122 Palestinian families have lost 3 or more members of their family.
- UNICEF estimates about 373,000 Palestinian children have had some kind of direct traumatic experience and require immediate psycho-social support.
- 1.5 million people in Gaza have limited or no access to water supplies. 26 health facilities have been damaged.
- More than 485,000 internally displaced are in need of emergency food assistance.
- Shelling and bombing have damaged 142 schools — 89 of them run by the United Nations — , and multiple Israeli strikes on Gaza’s only power plant and other infrastructure have left it beyond repair.The cost of reconstruction will run to “hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars,” - Pernille Ironside, the head of the Unicef office in Gaza
"I’m sick of how bisexuality is erased in LGBT spaces. I get really nervous before any LGBT event, especially Pride. I feel incredibly sad and hopeless when gay and lesbian people call me insulting names. If gay and lesbian people don’t understand me – Continue reading Prejudice at Pride at Empathize This
This just punched me in the heart.
It’s hard to admit that this happens in our community, but it definitely does. Speaking out is the only way it will stop.